January 11, 2010

On Gratitude...

If you spend any time in the blogging community, you begin to see some trends. One of them is the concept of everyone writing a post on the same idea, and then linking all the posts to a main website. "Small Successes" and "7 Quick Takes" come to mind as the ones I seem to see the most. I'm not a big fan of these, but there is one that has recently intrigued me. It's a list of things you are grateful for, to be posted each Monday. Well, it's Monday. So, here goes.

My first attempt at fitting into this crazy blog world, and a chance to awaken my heart and mind to all the gifts my Loving Father daily blesses me with.:

holy experience


(let's call this the napping edition):

1. that my baby still loves to cuddle. sometimes her independence makes me think that will come to an end all too soon.

2. the wonderful smell of my baby's warm head-and her soft, beautiful hair.

3. feeling her little body relax and her breathing slow down as she nurses, and then falls asleep in my arms. trust, complete trust, and comfort.

4. watching her breath, and being aware of what a blessing and gift she is. "Thank you Lord, thank you" uttered over and over. (of course, I'm grateful when she is awake, too. I just don't get the chance to sit down and study her and ponder her while she's awake. Then, we're busy!)

5. down comforters on cold winter days.

6. naps.

1 comment: